Motivational Basketball Quotes

When you need motivational basketball quotes and sayings, it'll be a great idea to have this page bookmarked so you can come back again and again.

Whenever you're experiencing a mental state that's anything but confident, reading through one or more motivational basketball quotes and sayings can sometimes be all you need.

Quotes Michael Jordan

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it." -Michael Jordan

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan

"My heroes are and were my parents. I can't see having anyone else as my heroes." Michael Jordan

"There are plenty of teams in every sport that have great players and never win titles. Most of the time, those players aren't willing to sacrifice for the greater good of the team. The funny thing is, in the end, their unwillingness to sacrifice only makes individual goals more difficult to achieve. One thing I believe to the fullest is that if you think and achieve as a team, the individual accolades will take care of themselves. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." -Michael Jordan

"If you're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it." -Michael Jordan

"When I step onto the court, I don't have to think about anything. If I have a problem off the court, I find that after I play, my mind is clearer and I can come up with a better solution. It's like therapy. It relaxes me and allows me to solve problems." -Michael Jordan

"I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. I don't do things half-heartedly. Because I know if I do, then I can expect half-hearted results." -Michael Jordan

"Success isn't something you chase. It is something you have to put forth the effort for constantly; then maybe it'll come when you least expect it." -Michael Jordan

Inspirational Basketball Quotes

Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals.
- Dr James Naismith

The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need.
- Dr James Naismith

I try to do the right thing at the right time. They may just be little things, but usually they make the difference between winning and losing.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.
- Red Auerbach

I don't believe professional athletes should be role models. I believe parents should be role models
- Charles Barkley

If I weren't earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming
- Charles Barkley

These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it!
- Charles Barkley

First master the fundamentals
- Larry Bird

They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds.
- Wilt Chamberlain

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.
- Tim Duncan

Basketball is like photography, if you don't focus, all you have is the negative.
- Dan Frisby

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me (after being diagnosed as HIV positive)
- Magic Johnson

Even when I'm old and gray, I won't be able to play it, but I'll still love the game.
- Michael Jordan